(We have tried to keep this page as simple as possible for our customers, readers and visitors to understand even if they don’t bring their legalese along - that said we implore you to go through this section in its entirety if need be)
Considering the limited amount of information we collect, we thought we could end this page in one sentence but our lawyers disagree. So here we go. (Unrelated fact: They say the “Social Capital” of a society decreases as the number of lawyers increase)
TLDR: Your Privacy = Our Responsibility. We take it seriously. Very Seriously. We collect limited information. And we do not share any personally identifiable information with any third party. (Elaborated here.)
This website is named Pillcraft (www.pillcraft.com), and it is owned and operated by Pillcraft Private Limited (Registered under the Companies Act, 2013) (hereinafter referred to Pillcraft as “We”, “Our” or “Us” on this page and others).
- the information we receive/collect from you
- how we receive/collect and use that information
- how you can ask us to delete the information we have, in case you wish to discontinue your usage of our Products and/or Services
- how we process, store, share and protect your information
- INFORMATION COLLECTED AND MEANS OF COLLECTION
We collect the following information about you:
- Registration Information: When you register to use our Website, we collect your registration details including phone number, email address and name. We verify your phone number with the help of a one-time password sent to your phone number.
- Order Information: We may collect information necessary for us to process your order on the Website including items you place in the cart, your postal address and specific payment information such as payment transaction details. However, we do not collect any bank account information, debit or credit information or any other payment instrument details.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about how you use our Website, your device and software including usage statistics, traffic data, including source of traffic, your IP address, browser, operating system type, domain names, login status. (Registration Information, Order Information and Usage Information to be collectively referred to as “Personal Information”)
You provide all information to us voluntarily. Collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information and SPDI requires your express consent. You are providing us with your consent to our use, collection and disclosure of the Personal Information and SPDI. You may choose to not provide us with Personal Information and SPDI, but in the event that you do so, we will be unable to provide you access to our Website or purchase Products or provide Services through our Website.
- USE OF INFORMATION
We use your Information for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve the Website in order to foster a positive User experience and to improve our business as a whole;
- To process and deliver your order with us;
- To enable your access to our Website to purchase Products and provide you Services;
- To enable you to initiate and consultation with the Doctors;
- Analysing data, tracking trends, building algorithms, creating databases for rating systems, recommendations engines, etc.;
- For non-targeting reasons such as frequency capping, compliance, billing, ad reporting or delivery, market research or product development purposes;
- To comply with applicable law;
- To conduct audits and quality assessment procedures;
- To analyse the use of our resources, troubleshooting problems and improving our Products and Services, by using the information regarding your mobile device and software.
- Contacting Users, both during and after an order, for updates, resolution of queries, order details, consultations, follow-up consultations or offering new products or services;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms, or as otherwise required by law;
- To respond to any queries that you may have, and to communicate information to you, including notifications of any promotions or alerts, any changes/updates to the Website, or the introduction of any future fees or charges that we may collect at the time for purchasing Products or provision of our Services to you; or
To contact you, by way of SMS, email and phone calls, from time to time to record your valuable feedback on our Products and Services, as they currently stand, and/or any potential Products and Services that may be offered in the future.
(Collectively, the above constitute “the Purposes”).
If you wish to opt out of receiving non-essential communications such as promotional and marketing-related information regarding our Products and Services, please email us at the details provided below in the contact section.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information and SPDI, as the case may be, to third parties in the manner and for the purposes specified below.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to our logistics partners for processing of orders placed by you on the Website;
- We don’t disclose your personally identifiable information to any other stakeholders but it forms part of an obfuscated database to generate reports and analytics information to help us better provide our products and services.
We will disclose your Personal Information and SPDI if legally required to do so, pursuant to an order from a governmental entity or in good faith. We will disclose the Information to:
(i) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
(ii) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies;
(iii) prevent a crime or national security; or
(iv) protect the personal safety of our Users or the public.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
The Website may include hyperlinks to various external websites, and may also include advertisements, and hyperlinks to applications, content or resources (“Third Party Links”). We have no control over such Third Party Links present on the Website, which are provided by persons or companies other than us. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any collection or disclosure of your information by any external sites, applications, companies or persons thereof. The presence of any Third Party Links on our Website, cannot be construed as a recommendation, endorsement or solicitation for the same, or any other material on or available via such Third Party Links.
You further acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the collection and/or disclosure of your information via Third Party Links, as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products services, or other materials on, or available via such Third Party Links. This will include all transactions, and information transmitted therein, between you and any such third party sites or applications or resources, such transactions are strictly bi-partite. We shall not be liable for any disputes arising from or in connection with such transactions between you and the aforementioned third parties.
- CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may review, correct, update, change or delete your Personal Information relating to Registration Information and Order Information on the Website by writing to us at the contact details specified below. You can delete any part of the Personal Information or request us to delete the same, and we will comply with such requests within a reasonable time, unless we are required to keep certain information for legal purposes. You may update your SPDI at any point by writing to us at the details indicated below in the contact section.
Should you choose to delete your Personal Information or SPDI or modify it in a way that is not verifiable by us, or leads to such information being incorrect, we will be unable to provide you with access to our Website or our Services, as described under the Terms, and such a deletion or modification may be regarded as the User seeking to discontinue his or her access to our Website and Services.
We reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and your Personal Information in order to ensure accurate delivery of Products and Services. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of your Personal Information or SPDI may be denied or limited by us if it would violate another person’s rights and/or is not otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- SECURITY AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Security of your information
We endeavour to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to protect your Information against loss, misuse, copying, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure. Some of the security measures adopted by us are:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems; and
- We restrict access to Personal Information, to our employees and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for Us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations, and may be disciplined or whose relationship with us may terminate if they fail to meet these obligations.
No employee or administrator of the Company will have knowledge of your password of your account on the Website. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your mobile phone, as detailed in the ‘User Account, Password and Security’ section of the Terms. You must be sure to log off from the Website when you have finished use thereof. We do not undertake any liability for any unauthorised use of your account and password.
If you suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately notify us by sending an email to the contact details indicated in the contact section. You shall be liable to indemnify us due to any loss suffered by us due to such unauthorized use of your account or password.
Further, we shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of internet service or telephone service of the User, etc.
Retention of Information
- We also have measures in place such that your SPDI which is in our possession or under our control, is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that: (i) the Purposes for which your SPDI has been collected have been fulfilled; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other reason.
- We may, however, reserve the right to retain and store your Personal Information for our business purposes, whether such Personal Information has been deleted or not. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated and then may be held by us as long as necessary, to enable purchases of Products and provision of Services or for analytics purposes.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for processing your Personal Information and SPDI, cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your Personal Information and SPDI to deliver our Products or provide you Services, please contact us at details indicated in the contact section below. Please note, however, that your withdrawal of consent or cancellation of account may result in us not being able to deliver you Products or provide you with our Services, or terminate any existing relationship that we may have with you.
Please note that uninstalling our mobile application will not result in deletion of your Personal Information or SPDI.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies, having session or local variables. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Website. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall information previously indicated by a User. Most browsers/mobile settings allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers/mobile applications to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser/mobile applications.
At all times, you may refuse all cookies on your browser or mobile application by changing your settings to the extent permissible on your device. However, by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Website or take full advantage of all the offerings and interest-based advertising. You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your mobile’s “help” file or the browser.
- CHANGES TO THE POLICY
- Indemnity: You agree and undertake to indemnify us in any suit or dispute by any third party arising out of disclosure of information by you to third parties either through our Website or otherwise and your use and access of websites, applications and resources of third parties. We assume no liability for any actions of third parties with regard to your Personal Information or SPDI which you may have disclosed to such third parties.
- CONTACT OUR GRIEVANCE OFFICER
In accordance with the IT Act and the SPDI Rules, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Name: Chintan Mehta
Address: G-6, Vasudev Chambers, Off. D-Mart, Mulund West, Mumbai,